Coming soon: Playlist smart radio (beta)
We wanted you to be the first to know that Playlist is re-launching on July 1 as a smart radio service. We know you put a lot of effort into creating the 80 million playlists at Playlist.com. We've created radio stations out of all 80 million…whoa, that's a lot of stations…while keeping your original playlist song information intact. And unlike certain other radio services out there (er… think of the other one that begins with a P), we're giving you the ability tune as you listen. What makes the stations smart in addition to the tuning is they use all your playlist inputs, plus you can control the action by adding artists, songs, and thumb up/down songs.
We rebuilt Playlist from the ground up:
- Secured the rights to a 20M song music catalogue, 40x bigger than what we have today
- Developed a clean, intuitive user interface/experience (sneak peak coming soon)
- Rebuilt music playback from the ground up, so it is fast and reliable
- Built in the most sophisticated/geeky music math/intelligence system we could find to create the best possible stations
- Converted all your playlists into smart radio stations, while, of course, keeping your original playlist song data intact
- Developed the ability to tune as you listen
- FINALLY (sorry for the long wait) planned the Playlist mobile app that we'll launch in coming months
- And we kept the service free and without audio ads…for a long as we can avoid them (hint: tell all your friends about this)
We do want to acknowledge and sincerely apologize that due to licensing concerns and the overall impossibility of keeping the tracks up to date (if you use playlist a lot you know about the missing tracks), the new Playlist won't have the on demand feature. We hope to re-introduce that later. The good news is that the new service will no longer have dead links, missing tracks, karaoke versions, strange remixes, partial songs, or many of the other annoyances that many of you have so rightfully complained about.
Instead, Playlist will have the world's largest catalogue of high fidelity tracks and 80 million smart radio stations created by you…for starters. Not to mention the cool, geeky stuff, like music algorithms, tuning as you go so you can tweak your stations, and FINALLY mobile. We hope you'll check out your Playlist radio stations and create more come July 1.
Thank you for your support. Stay tuned. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions not answered in the FAQ's about the new site below, or just to say hi or even rant. We know change can be very tough, but this is about to get exciting again and we want you along for the ride.
Your Playlist Team